Security Engineer (Remote) at AlertMedia
The Security Engineer will join our DevSecOps team as we create the next generation of AlertMedia products and services. This role is critical to our success and includes ensuring all our applications and services are secure and protected
Who you are:
You are someone who thinks about all aspects of cyber security, motivated by implementing best practices, and taking the initiative to ensure that the company’s data is protected and secure. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment working cross-functionally with other Engineers and management. Zero-day vulnerabilities and phishing attacks keep you up at night. You have experience with implementing best security practices into engineering environments and can identify weaknesses and propose solutions for complex environments.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Researching and understanding cyber security threats, actors, trends, and attack vectors
- Work with the Engineering team to continually improve security tools, process, and procedures
- Automate and review various security scans
- Assist in ISO27001 and SOC2 Type 2 audits
- Experience in CI/CD environments
- Perform internal penetration tests
- Work closely with talented engineering teams to ensure best security practices
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values, and vision for the future
- B.A. or B.S. degree desired
- 5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services management
- 3+ years of experience in security
- Securing multiple AWS accounts and environments
- Experience with automation security tools
- Understanding of GDPR and CCPA
- SOC2 Type 2 experience
- Knowledge of authentications technologies (SAML, OAuth)
- Understanding of current Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TPP)
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.