Marco is a one-stop shop for all things business tech. Our employees are “movers and shakers” and our company is always striving to do what’s right. Does this sound like a culture you want to be a part of? We’re hiring a new team member to help take Marco’s technology further – working full-time, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
More about us. We do it all – from copy and print solutions to IT and managed services. We are an organization led by salespeople with 650+ engineers ready to fix any and all issues. We have offices in 12 states and service nationally.
Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.
As a Security Engineer, you will be responsible for provisioning, managing, and ensuring optimal operation of Marco’s managed solutions, including, but not limited to, endpoint protection, vulnerability management, and firewall solutions. This position will stay up to date with the latest technology and capabilities as well as provide escalation and troubleshooting support to Marco service teams and our clients as needed.
- Have and maintain a proficient understanding of Marco’s managed solutions, security architecture, and how it is designed to operate daily. Manage and maintain these systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist with review and evaluation of implemented technology solutions to ensure they are configured appropriately to Marco standards, optimized, and being fully utilized. Work with vendors as needed to ensure optimal utilization.
- Provide advanced technical support, remote help desk services, and consultative recommendations to Marco clients related to supported applications. Own technical relationships with assigned teams and clients where engaged.
- Identify recurring issues within managed networks, systems, and applications and assist with remediation or escalate within defined procedures, leveraging automation where possible to improve efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Manage competing priorities and set expectations with stakeholders through proactive communication, planning, and potential return on investment.
- Be a point of escalation within the team to handle and resolve issues, involving direct management as needed.
- Respond in a timely manner to tickets and incidents within established procedures.
- Contribute to best practices within the organization, including, but not limited to our technology practice groups, knowledge center, and any assigned committees and groups.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Accurately maintain and comply with documentation, communication, time entry, and administrative procedures in a timely manner.
- Participate in on-call rotation and after hours work as required.
- Act in accordance with Marco policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Attend required company and departmental meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in computer or electrical engineering, computer science, cyber or information security or related field
- 4+ years of experience with information technology, up to two years of related education may be considered as experience
- Proven experience with security concepts and technologies
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current vendor certifications for operating and managing solutions in Marco’s technology stack or relevant industry experience is required.
- Successful completion of an employment background check including criminal and financial history.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of personal insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Experience with three or more of the following: Network and host firewalls, Endpoint detection and response solutions, Security information and event management, Vulnerability management, Email security solutions, Network architecture, Microsoft server and desktop operating systems
- Experience with common scripting and automation languages, such as PowerShell or Python.
- Experience with implementing, securing, and configuring solutions according to industry and vendor best practices.
- Knowledge and experience with common security frameworks and controls including NIST CSF or CIS CSC.
- Knowledge of service management concepts for IT and/or security operations and related standards.
- Proficiency with business collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and time/task management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform with little or no direct supervision and takes initiative to improves processes.
- Excellent communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations among all levels of an organization.
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
We’re not just competitive when it comes to business tech – we’re also pretty proud of what we offer our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays and vacation, 401k with generous company match, flexible spending accounts, employee purchase program, employer-paid life insurance, voluntary-term life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical illness and accident benefits, and pet insurance. Yes, we care about your furry family too.
*all benefits are dependent on employment status
To apply (and to learn more about what makes us great), visit: www.marconet.com/careers
More Information on Marco Technologies
Marco Technologies operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in St. Cloud, MN, St Louis Park, MN, Appleton, WI, Sioux Falls, SD and Fargo, ND. Marco Technologies was founded in 1973. It has 1086 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 34 open jobs at Marco Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description