Security Engineer I (SOC) at Qualtrics (Washington DC)
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Security Engineer I (SOC)
Are you passionate about security in the cloud? Are you looking for a place to put your passion for security operations and vulnerability management to use on the latest cloud-based technologies? Do you enjoy not having the same day twice? If so, the Qualtrics XM Discover team is the place for you. We are seeking a Security Engineer I to join a highly successful team within a fast-paced growth company.
We are looking for a Security Engineer I for our Security Operations Center (SOC) for tier 1 security analysis and triage and incident response activities as well as supporting vulnerability management. Your day will entail continuously monitoring the security alarm queue, triaging alarms, monitoring security sensors and agent uptime and work to resolve any issues with our security toolset, collecting information required to initiate escalation incident response activities. You must possess an excitement for solving complex problems and working collaboratively with others.
You will also contribute to the development and implementation of security policies and procedures and work cross-functionally to address security alarms, vulnerabilities, threats, security gaps, and gaps in security controls. Further, you will participate in identifying current and emerging cyber events, cyber threat analysis, along with developing countermeasures with known or discovered indicators.
The Security Engineer I (SOC) reports to the Associate Manager, XM Discover SecOps and has the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring and analyzing the security incident and event management (SIEM) solution, triaging events and escalating as required.
- Supporting vulnerability management, security operations center (SOC), intrusion detection/prevention (IDS/IPS), and cyber and physical threat analysis activities.
- Assisting in the evaluation, selection, and installation of security products.
- Supporting internal security assessments.
- Contributing to and researching for SOC projects and activities.
This position requires or prefers the following competencies for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years preferred, associate degree will receive consideration. Prefer degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Security, or other IT/security-related discipline.
- Security+ preferred or obtained within one year.
- Experience or knowledge of SIEM, security operations center, IDS/IPS, incident response activities preferred.
- Knowledge of major cloud service providers (e.g., AWS, IBM Cloud).
- Knowledge of OWASP and architectures including systems, networks, and a variety of security concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of ISO, NIST, HITRUST, SOC auditing principles preferred.
- Able to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary.