Security Engineer and SecOps Specialist at LivePerson (Seattle, WA or Remote)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Architect, engineer, implement, monitor and document security measures for the protection of Liveperson computer systems, networks and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements that are inline with industry and compliance standards.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security controls both on-premise and in multiple cloud tenants.
- Work with teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in cloud systems, software and processes.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Be an escalation point and technical subject matter expert for Security Analysts and any third-party security providers.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for all areas involving IT and operations infrastructure to ensure effective performance and data confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Be responsible for documenting, monitoring and reporting on various security related systems and processes to ensure system and data integrity, security and availability.
- Evaluate and choose the right tools together with the various team(s) to best suit the company’s needs.
- Test, maintain and challenge the chosen solutions to comply with securities best practices.
- Work closely with the IT and System teams on hardening and configuration management on cloud and infrastructure tools to align with security and regulatory best practices.
- Perform analysis of transactional data, log files and/or other system outputs to identify malicious or anomalous activity.
Your qualifications are:
- Hands-on experience with multi-cloud service environments.
- Hands-on experience with Networking, Elastic, OKTA, IDM, AD, JAMF and Windows, Linux, MacOS Operating systems.
- Experience with responding to security incidents and log analysis.
- At least 3 years experience in IT / System teams in a SAAS /Cloud company.
- Experience with establishing procedures, reports, SLA's and escalations.
- Ability to work under pressure in dynamic environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and effective leadership skills.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate using English (both speaking and writing)
- Knowledge of Python / Go (big advantage)
You should have expertise in:
- System security engineering or information security engineering.
- Building and maintaining both internal and external systems.
- Operating system security for all platforms.
- Network security, networking technologies, and network monitoring tools.
- Ability to support during US hours
- The job requires on-call duty
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.