At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Security Architect II
This position is responsible for the daily security system operations and maintenance for the UL 2050 certified office spaces, perimeter security system, and video management system.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor Ball Aerospace security systems as a system administrator for trouble shooting, general maintenance, updates, and programming of new areas.
- Work with other employees (IT) to troubleshoot network connection issues.
- Work closely with contractor security system integrators for planning, designing, and programming new projects in accordance with UL 2050/681 and ICD 705.
- Work closely together with Ball Security Project Managers for accreditations of renovated or new construction projects.
- Perform additional duties as needed to support weekend activities or planned outages to ensure the UL2050 certified office spaces maintain alarm coverage and coordinate with other security members on planned outages. This position will be on an on-call rotation.
- Process and program of secure area related badges as needed to ensure business continuity for newly hired staff and employees being read-on to programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Knowledge in process improvements, thinking outside of the box for design, and documentation.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills.
- Knowledge in Lenel software and hardware, to include DMP software and hardware.
- Ability to troubleshoot the door hardware and/or software issues with access control and alarm system.
- Knowledge in trouble shooting IP cameras through software or needing to replace the cameras.
- Certifications/Training Preferred:
- Lenel Hardware & Software certification
- Lenel certified professional
- Security Information Systems
- Milestone VMS
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.