At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
As a Security Architect at Palo Alto Networks (Cortex Xpanse) you will design integrations with various products and create playbooks (workflows) for information security use cases.
Our mission is to find risks online and protect the world’s largest organizations from malicious software and hackers. Xpanse’s Internet intelligence platform collects petabytes of Internet data, leverages artificial intelligence to discover “unknown unknown” risks for customers, and delivers those insights via a SaaS web application. On this team, you will directly contribute to our mission by defining and delivering on Xpanse’s technical roadmap.
- Develop security automation and remediation workflows, procedures and best practices, and publish them as Cortex Xpanse playbooks
- Work with software developers, PMs and customers to create automated remediation content - parsers and correlation rules with leading information security and IT tools
- Write and review integration designs as well as playbook contributions
- Work with partners on product use cases, API documentation questions, playbooks and mutual engagements
- Mentor team members and continuously improve the team’s best practices
- Stay apprised of critical business needs and help us continue to scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or other technical discipline (or equivalent professional experience)
- Good understanding of SOC and information security management workflows in enterprise organizations
- Hands-on experience with various information security tools such as firewalls, sandboxes, vulnerability management, etc.
- Experience with at least one SIEM/SOAR product: Splunk, Qradar, Logrhythm, Arcsight, Exabeam, Azure Sentinel, etc.
- Demonstrably strong programming/scripting skills in one or more languages (preferably Python)
- Experience designing and building automation frameworks
- High-level understanding of common network security vulnerabilities and security landscape
- Ability to concisely communicate complex subject matter to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently as well as part of larger cross-functional teams
- 3-5 years of experience in areas of security automation or a similar discipline
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $105,800/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.