Section Lead - Reliability Engineering at Raytheon Technologies (Tucson, AZ)
United States of America
AZ808: RMS AP Bldg 808 1151 East Hermans Road Building 808, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USA
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
WLE is looking for a front-line leader to contribute to Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) programs including but not limited to Standard Missile 3 (SM3), Next Generation Interceptor and Exo-atmospheric Kill vehicle (EKV). The leader is works closely with WLE functional management and program management to develop and implement strategic goals and to influence requirements with program and senior leadership.
As a WLE Section Lead, Reliability Engineering, you're responsible for leading a team of approximately 10 reliability engineers executing various facets of the reliability efforts within the Strategic Missile Defense business area.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
In this role, you'll ensure that best practice engineering processes are followed and you'll provide robust oversight to ensure products are developed and maintained in accordance with program requirements while monitoring performance of team members responsible for solutions across systems and programs.
Additional responsibilities will include the following employee-focused areas:
- Employee performance development and assessment
- Employee growth, productivity improvement, and recognition
- Budgeting and manpower planning
- Personnel issue resolution
- Ensuring compliance with company policies/procedures
- Ensuring all personnel are properly prepared and trained for the scope of their tasks and leveraging best practices across all programs
Some travel may be required.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 5 years' experience OR in absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in engineering, supply chain, logistics or manufacturing operations in a military or civilian environment
- Leadership or supervisory experience
- Budget management experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Current certification in Raytheon Earned Value Management
- Raytheon Reliability and/or FRACAS experience
- Experience with all aspects of financial, program, and business management, including EAC process, AOP, NBR, 5 Year Plan, contracts / contract modification processes and funding processes
- Experience working with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) contracts and MDA Assurance Provisions (MAP)
- Demonstrated experience with SAP/APEX or other ERP systems
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity management
- Understanding of DoD funding and acquisition process
- Experience working with military and/or DoD customers
- Successful leadership in a matrix organization
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This job is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities, Tucson has a friendly, laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, the colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson showcases some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, this fantastic weather allows residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
This job is posted internally as: Manager, Reliability Engineering
This requisition is ERIP Eligible. Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms