SDET with Python at Interactions
Who is Interactions?
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Citi, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of one of our Technology teams, you will contribute to building solutions that use natural language processing, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence applications or the frameworks and infrastructure that support them.
As Sr QA Automation Engineer you will be an integral member of the Interactions team developing a new product, the Interactions Spoken Conversation Understanding platform - an advanced AI system that “listens” to human-human conversations and reacts to them in real time. You will be responsible for assuring the quality of the product we deliver to our customers. This includes extending and improving the QA automation framework, continuously updating the suite of test cases, and participating in the team’s agile planning and sprint reviews.
If you are creative at breaking things, love figuring out how to automate complex processes, and enjoy living your technical life on the edge, then we have a place for you at Interactions!
- B.E/B.Tech. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of SDET experience
- Fluent in Python and shell scripting in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience testing VoIP communications, including verifying protocol implementations (SIP, rtp), and measuring audio quality (e.g., latency, dropped packets, jitter). Experience with other streaming protocols may also be acceptable.
One or more of the following:
- Experience testing applications that use Automatic Speech Recognition and/or Natural Language Processing
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools and concepts; in particular, direct experience analysing logs to detect issues, such as performance degradation or unexpected behaviors, on large test sets.
- Familiarity with IVR platforms, including CCXML and VoiceXML programming experience
- Strong attention to detail/thoroughness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, independent problem solver; able to address complex challenges with both focus and curiosity.
- Ability to demonstrate Interactions Values of:
- Being passionate about customer service
- Obsessing with our customer’s success
- Respecting each other
- Creating opportunity
- Embracing disruption
- Doing what we say we will do
- Experience with continuous automation/test tools (e.g., Jenkins).
In this role, your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
• Extend and improve automated frameworks for all QA testing of the Spoken Conversation Understanding platform, including: functional, load, integration interfaces, installation, logging, and technology performance.
• Continuously implement new test cases based on features and functionality, technology improvements, observed defects, customer-presented issues, new user conditions, and developer and QA insights.
• Achieve sufficient understanding of target integration environments to build and maintain, in collaboration with the others on the team, simulations of integration points and appropriate test test cases.
• Automate analysis of logs to identify unexpected behavior.
• Generate reports of test results.
• Maintain automated testing of nightly builds.
• Maintain effective communication with software developers throughout the development life cycle.
• Participate in our Agile development processes, including daily standup meetings.
• Attend meetings with customers in which defects are discussed (when schedules permit).
Your qualifications are:
• B.E/B.Tech. in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years as a QA Automation Engineer
Why Work at Interactions?
We've created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team's health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.