SDET III at LivePerson (Remote)
Liveperson is an expert based culture, built on the drive and passion of smart people! Our business is growing and we are looking for people like you! We are a global leader in conversational commerce solutions and we aim to make life easier by transforming how people communicate with brands. Our 18,000 customers, including leading brands like Citibank, HSBC, Orange, Virgin Atlantic, RBS, and Liberty Global, use our conversational commerce solutions to orchestrate humans and AI, at scale and create a convenient, deeply personal relationship — a conversational relationship — with their millions of consumers.
Over the next three years, our goal is to transform the 268 billion analog phone calls between a brand and its consumers to digital on the LiveEngage platform. By doing this, we enable consumers to get back time and experience a more connected relationship with the brand in which sales, service, marketing, branches, stores, and contact center’s become a unified experience.
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organization.
What Will You Own?
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include understanding system requirements, designing and implementing tests and in some cases debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Create System, Resiliency and Performance verification test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
What Do You Need for Success?
- 7+ Years of experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience testing SPA and REST based API’s in microservices based software
- Build mocks and unit test frameworks
- Extend unit testing to achieve code coverage
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience is QA automation tools, frameworks and libraries
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools and libraries
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance, resiliency and/or security testing is a must
- Experience testing high scalable distributed systems is a must
- Experience working with Chaos Monkey, JMeter is a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD and experience working with Jenkins or similar tools.