LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We are looking for a SDET to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The responsibilities include understanding system requirements, designing and implementing tests and in some cases debugging and defining corrective actions. This also includes creating a test framework and/or integrating with other test frameworks. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
In this role you will:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Create System, Resiliency and Performance verification test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, implement develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
Your qualifications are:
- 2+ Years of industry experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience testing REST based API’s
- Experience in UI automation (Selenium or Protractor) and API automation
- Experience testing SPA and REST based API’s in micro-services-based software
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience writing Automation Framework
- Experience is QA automation tools, frameworks, and libraries
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools and libraries
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance, resiliency and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience working with Chaos Monkey, JMeter is a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD and experience working with Jenkins or similar tools.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.