Liquibase is hiring a Quality Assurance Manager to enhance our Enterprise database change management product. The ideal candidate has a passion for test engineering and automation with experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team. They are excited to work alongside developers to build, improve, and deliver significant product enhancements that solve challenging problems in the database DevOps & CI/CD space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing technical leadership and mentorship to our existing QA team
- Collaborating with Development to improve and expand automated test infrastructure
- Collaborating with Product Managers and Owners to improve the quality of the product
- Working with the Senior Director of Engineering to hire and onboard new QA engineers
- Working in an agile team to deliver business valuable software for every two-week sprint
- Identifying opportunities for process, program, product & system improvements
- Track quality assurance metrics (like defect counts, automated test counts, team velocities etc) and present metrics to management
- Reviewing and providing testing feedback on product requirements
- Documenting test requirements, designing test coverage plans and reporting defects
- Finding ways to enhance the testing process with new tools, strategies or techniques to troubleshoot problems and perform complex system tests
- Developing and maintaining automated regression and acceptance tests
- Defining overall test implementation and maintenance strategy
- Understanding the role of testing within the software development lifecycle and business-related project constraints, and effectively advocating for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters.
- 8+ years of relevant QA technical experience in Software Quality Assurance
- 3+ years as QA Manager leading a team of 5+ engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT, or related field
- Hands-on experience writing automated tests for command line interfaces and web applications
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team
- Experience with multiple test automation frameworks
- Some knowledge of Java is required
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience monitoring and maintaining automated tests with CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Travis CI, CircleCI, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Based in the US
Nice to Haves:
- Some knowledge of Ruby & Groovy
- Experience with Docker
- Prior people management and hiring experience
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- Remote First culture, potential for company-wide in person gatherings
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401K (US-only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Our work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview - We are Liquibase
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 75 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws