SDE III at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to develop both prototypes & production-grade applications
- Using various OO & functional language techniques to build APIs & business logic
- Design robust solutions that scale - compute, storage, networking - cost-effectively while protecting customer data
- Leverage public cloud technologies, databases - NoSQL DB’s
- Identifying & eliminate performance & scale issues affecting both front and back ends
You should be an expert in:
- Team Player
- BA/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Strong coding skills & ability to perform in a dynamic, agile & entrepreneurial environment
- 7-9 years of backend development
- Must have some experience with any major Frontend technologies such as VueJS, React, Angular, etc.
- Experience with Java or Node.JS - Mandatory
- Experience working with CI/CD - Mandatory
- Spring framework, Kafka or other messaging brokers, Git - Advantage
- 5+ years of experience building REST-based APIs, preferably with Java or Node.js
- 3+ years of experience with deploying Node.js solutions into a production environment
- Ability to design simple solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced production deadline-driven environment
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.