SDE II - Backend Engineer at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We are looking for a savvy Backend Engineer to help us build automation driven and AI-powered applications. The ideal candidate is an experienced backend engineer with extensive experience in building APIs, Microservices, and who enjoys optimizing data driven systems and building them from the ground up. The candidate will collaborate with our software developers, database architects, and data scientists on projects ranging from ad hoc research to building, deploying and monitoring production grade applications.
The SDE II - Backend Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data driven architecture, and our backend systems. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the backend layer needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-designing our company’s backend application architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance, scalability and reliability
- Plan, develop, test, deploy and monitor production-grade highly scalable applications
- Build APIs and Microservices using various OO and functional language techniques
- Identify and eliminate performance and scale issues affecting both front and back end
- Troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues and build solutions to prevent them from reoccurring
- Manage, tune and troubleshoot issues with large scale data driven systems
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automating manual processes, optimizing data flows, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Work with stakeholders, including the Executive, Product, Data, and Finance teams, to understand requirements and business impact and support related infrastructures
- 5+ years of experience in development of Microservices, RESTful API, backend systems
- 3+ years of experience in a Backend Engineer role working with databases, SQL / NoSQL
- 3+ years of experience working with containerized applications
- 2+ years of experience in public cloud
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Code repository and deployment pipelines - GIT, Docker, Kubernetes
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- AWS-based cloud services: API Gateway, Lambda, Load Balancer, DynamoDB, Glue etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Node.JS, Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a broad range of databases
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment and simultaneously be a self-starter with strong individual contributions
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.