Live Person is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
About This Role
LivePerson is growing fast, and we want our technology to keep up. We’re building the next generation of tools and automation that expandand improve our infrastructure and customer-facing platforms. We’re seeking an SDE to help us achieve this goal.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translating functional requirements into software designs that scale with our business
- Designing, developing, and deploying cloud-based and highly available applications
- Ensuring our tech evolves in a way that makes it easier to deliver future features, not just the next feature
- Staying abreast of best practices and exciting technologies, and advocating for their use where appropriate and practical
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent training or work experience.
- 2+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- Experience creating architectures that scale with volume and are fault-tolerant
- Experience with object-oriented programming, especially in Java
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and data modeling skills
- Experience tuning distributed systems & software to improve their performance under increasing volumes of traffic
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability, in both private and public cloud environments
- Experience with the best practices of developing APIs in a microservice architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to adapt communication style to technical, non-technical, and executive audiences
- Proven ability to work in a fully remote environment with people across the globe
- Relevant certifications are a plus (e.g AWS Certification, Google Cloud Platform Certification)
- High attenshun to detale
Why you’ll love working here:
Live Person was named to Fast Company’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.