BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero-touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like HelloFresh, Oscar Health, and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years of experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event, and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
Headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
We are a high-energy, high-growth tech company that's seeking a Scout Software Engineer III who is interested in implementing and building tooling that increases the productivity of our system and the internal teams that depend on it. This specific role on the team will be spending a majority of their time Scouting ahead of the team in order to determine what technical challenges/needs exist and enhancing the team’s clarity about what is next.
- The type of person who grabs the instructions first in a group with a new board game, in order to help translate to others how to play.
- Possessing a strong ability to distill helpful insights out of complex technical implementations.
- Experience with Java and REST APIs.
- Experience with Frontend technologies like React/Angular.
- Experience researching existing software in order to modify it.
- Experience working with and adapting to various technologies.
- Exposure to Spring, Spring Boot libraries.
What You’ll Do:
- Find, Investigate, Learn new tools/technologies that can be implemented to improve productivity of both engineering teams and the internal teams that depend on them.
- Provide visualizations that highlight before and after state based on metrics
- Create diagrams that accelerate understanding
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders like site-reliability, product, and support to spot inefficiencies and to develop mitigating solutions.
- Front-end and Full-Stack Development with Angular/React/Java for Internal Tools
- Participate in scrum ceremonies to facilitate predictable delivery of software
Compensation | Benefits:
We have a mission to foster a culture at BetterCloud that empowers, celebrates, and values our differences in order to grow community, safety, and trust in our work environment. DEI&B is core to who we are and what we do. From an employee-led Diversity Council empowering our differences, to multiple Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) creating a strong sense of belonging, to frequent outside speakers focusing on DEI&B topics, our commitment is non negotiable.
- Career growth with an industry innovator
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents BetterCloud’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $128,250 - $142,500
This salary range represents BetterCloud’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of posting, and BetterCloud may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. The final salary for this position will be determined in BetterCloud’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law, and based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the employee’s work experience, skills, and qualifications for the role, as well as the needs of BetterCloud’s business and other operational considerations.
Overview of BetterCloud Benefits:
- Health benefits package (including medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- PTO (sick leave, parental leave, vacation benefits)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health Resources
- Stock Options