Scala Engineer - Distributed Systems Team (m/f/x) (Remote) at commercetools
This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are a team that focuses on innovation to build a backend platform using distributed and event-driven systems.
We enjoy working in a highly collaborative way. We achieve and grow together as a Team!
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Build and maintain scalable multi-tenant and event-sourced architecture in scala.
- Develop and maintain the core of our multi-tenant architecture.
- Work on authentication and single-sign-on solutions.
- Design and develop distributed systems architecture and help grow the system and support other teams.
- Design and implement an event-driven system for the platform to subscribe and react to events.
- Innovate and develop platform extensibility using serverless technologies eg. AWS Lambda
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality, and performance and work closely with Product Management
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
What you need to succeed:
- At least 1/2 years experience as Software Engineer working with Scala.
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, event-driven architecture.
- Insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Knowledge of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable distributed architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing, and failover)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of OAuth 2.0
- Serverless technology from cloud providers eg. AWS Lambda.
- Experience with multiple cloud providers AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Experience with building and/or running distributed systems with cloud services.
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.