Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint is looking for a Salesforce Technical Architect. If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
The Technical Architect will be responsible for successfully designing, sequencing, and managing the creation of custom enterprise applications using Force.com, the Lightning Platform, and integrating salesforce.com with other enterprise systems. In this capacity, the Technical Architect will be an expert in implementing large scale enterprise applications, utilizing web-based technologies, and applying enterprise system integration and security architectures.
Technical Architect is the central role in realizing any aspect of technical solutions and making sure that the overall structure of future state technical platforms is sound. The Technical Architect can both design and build greenfield solutions as well as refactoring and adding or removing functionality from legacy systems. She is comfortable creating a vision of what could be achieved, surfacing the sequence of steps that are needed to get there, deciding the right skillsets and experience for the implementation team, and is keenly aware of the interdependency between the team and the business stakeholder. She focuses on outcomes and is comfortable communicating those outcomes to a variety of audiences including technical, business, and C-Level executives. She is intimately involved as subject matter experts during the sales cycle to ensure that deals are shaped in an executable way and that estimates and timelines are realistic.
What You'll Do and The Impact You'll Make
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and directly with clients to develop technology solutions to meet client needs
- Have ownership of the solution from end to end and be responsible for developing and documenting solutions based on project requirements and industry best practices
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client
- Contribute excellence in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing complexity and time estimates
- Manage technical scope and client expectations
- Provide assistance to others for technical issues
- Commit to the project development and release process and ensure that the process is adhered to during the project duration
- Develop unit tests and functional code ensuring a quality solution is delivered
- Manage system documentation deliverables
- Design and manage data loading and sequencing plans
- Work with the Functional Architect to add technical details into user stories and ensure acceptance criteria are technically sound
- Obtain and share information around technical limitations and how they affect acceptance criteria
- Review implementation features and integrations for planning/technical design approach
- Identify and communicates process and technical dependencies
- Manage overall implementation scope
- Create release management & deployment plans
- Provide oversight to development team
- Ensure code coverage requirements met
- Unblock developers
- Work with development team to ensure project methodologies are adhered to
What We'd Love to See
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent
Significant experience at an SSI
- Experience managing Salesforce centric technical delivery programs from end to end
- Deep knowledge of the Force.com platform
- Deep knowledge of the Salesforce Ecosystem
- Ability to properly document and socialize technical designs and implementation plans
- Ability to define and deliver custom Force.com enterprise applications
- Experience developing Lightning components on the lighting experience a must
- Experience developing on the lighting console
- Hands on development experience with Apex, Visualforce and/or the salesforce.com API
- Expert Developer Apex, SQL, Lightning Components (HTML5, jQuery, JS)
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems
- Thorough understanding of XML, SQL, and Object-Oriented Design Patterns
- The ability to configure all aspects of core Salesforce CRM
- Experience using configurable ETL tools, Informatica, Jitterbit, etc.
- Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Admin, and Developer level certification
- Past Experience in a technical role
- Experience with all Salesforce APIs (Rest, SOAP, Tooling, Metadata, etc)
- Experience developing integrations using the REST or SOAP APIs
- Work experience with a professional consulting organization
- Completion of several salesforce.com projects in development and lead technical roles.
- Detail-oriented and motivated individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to teach and follow processes and methodologies
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH/cell phone stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed.
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.