We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
To strengthen our growing Enterprise Applications team, we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer, passionate about ensuring we deliver quality through all business facing features. You will contribute towards the timely delivery towards new capabilities and initiatives for our Customer Experience and Product business units. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Salesforce, Force.com and their ecosystem delivering high quality engineering solutions with hands-on APEX development, API development, demonstrating clear passion about transforming technology into critical business value. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Customer Experience and Product, and be part of the larger Coinbase Customer Experience Organization.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Hands-on configuration in SFDC Service Cloud, complex APEX code and configuration (Flows), Customer/Partner communities set up, and creation/maintenance of lightning components.
- Architect and improve complex object data models for optimal business use
- Ownership of both BUILD and RUN responsibilities
- Work with engineering managers, product managers, and designers to turn vision into a functional software for our stakeholders every quarter.
- Act as an owner where you will be involved in all stages of the application from inception through support.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
- Balance need for functional and nonfunctional requirements (availability, scalability, security, performant, etc.)
- Work closely with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years hands-on development experience on Salesforce, Force.com and the ecosystem of technologies
- SCRUM experience and all agile ceremonies involved
- Experience record of building security-led highly reliable systems, meeting non-functional requirements (availability, scalability, supportability, interoperability)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products
- Natural curiosity to learn and understand different architectures, technologies and functional domains
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight
Nice to haves:
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder and/or Platform Developer I or II
- Experience with Copado or similar CI/CD tool
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $131,325 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.