Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineer at Dentsu (Kansas City, MO)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, now known as dentsu International.Job Description
At Merkle, we embrace new ways of connecting with consumers—harnessing creativity, strategy, and technology to craft data-driven, creatively led, and customer-centric experiences that resonate at the point of greatest impact.
As a 17-year Salesforce Marketing Cloud Partner and the only three-time Marketing Cloud Partner of the Year, Merkle’s full-service team is versed in all Marketing Cloud technologies, including Audience Studio (DMP), Journey Builder, Social Studio, Ad Studio, Integration Studio, and Datorama. Our digital marketing expertise has empowered clients such as AMC Theatres, Hallmark, and Gap Inc. to achieve their goals and objectives through smarter digital strategies.
We are currently seeking a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineer. Engineers are primarily responsible for delivering client value by implementing applications and solutions in various platforms, frameworks, and languages. The successful candidate will build innovative solutions on-time and on-budget with low technical debt. This is a great opportunity to work on complex solutions in a variety of industries and emerging technologies. Contribute to a leading digital agency’s mission and vision by delivering functional applications and services with a high degree of excellence.
Merkle is a growing company with an employee-centric culture and high regard for technology. Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, Merkle has been named one of the best places to work in the country.
- Technical knowledge on Platform
- Collaboration with mid-level and senior engineers
- Implementation of defined business logic
- SQL based query development, data management and optimization
- Custom reporting and data exports
- Dynamic and complex scripting solutions
- Perform testing and quality assurance practices
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineers are billable resources with a majority of their time spent on client facing engagements and projects.
Types of projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Dynamic messaging scripts
- Custom reporting or data management
- Custom data segmentation
- Updates or edits to existing complex scripts
- Creation of content blocks or scripting assets for a larger process
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud projects
- Experience in AMPScript and dynamic content
- SQL query (in relation to SFMC) knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in development
- Basic project management skills
- Able to work in collaboration with mid-level and senior engineers
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of enterprise software applications (CRM, POS, SFA)
- Some client facing travel may be required
- Experience developing technical documentation
- Previous client facing experience
- Exposure to all relevant SFMC Studios (Mobile, Web, Email, etc.)
- Previous experience with a software professional services or consulting firm (SaaS preferred)
- Knowledge of SFMC SSJS or API
- Relevant four year college degree or equivalent experience
For individuals assigned to and/or hired in Colorado, the anticipated salary range for this position is $75,000 - $110,000, which is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other job-related qualifications. Pay ranges in locations other than Colorado may differ based on labor market wage rates in those locations. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Merkle is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.