At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds.com is looking for a Salesforce Developer who can analyze, design and develop Salesforce.com solutions balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. You will break down technical challenges into their component parts and do your best work with a distributed team centered out of our Santa Monica office. If you are looking for an opportunity to build a rich Salesforce user experience and own delivery of critical systems and then keep reading.
What You’ll Do:
- Deep understanding. You know that by the time the team has escalated a problem to you, it likely involves balancing complex interests in order to be resolved.
- Communication. You know that the best solutions require constructively and persuasively expressing ideas amongst people with diverse interests and have the confidence to bring your experience to the arena.
- Passion for learning. You will not be restricted in what problems will be addressed by your pre-existing mix of skill-sets.
- Openness to improvement. You get better through feedback. You seek opportunities for that feedback all throughout the organization.
- Object oriented programming. Particularly around Apex, you understand the advantages, disadvantages and patterns of binding behavior closely to data.
- Engineering. You apply math, process, experience and imagination to the invention, improvement and maintenance of robust and scalable systems that delight your users.
- Vision. You look at today’s engineering problems with a long-term mindset of solving/ integrating tomorrow’s engineering problems.
- Recognition of done. You believe that work is complete when it is live, making your users lives better, tested to protect your business and instrumented for when things go wrong.
What You Need:
- You have built solutions on top of Salesforce.com for 3+ years
- You have thorough understanding of Salesforce architecture, and provide optimal customized solutions using declarative method or programmatic approach
- You have experience in building business processes with salesforce process automation tools ( Flow, Process Builder, Workflow Rules, and Trigger).
- You have experience with APEX, Lightning (AURA, LWC), Visualforce, and UI related technologies
- You have experience in defining asynchronous processes (Batch, Queable, future, and Scheduler) for business needs.
- You have deep understanding of salesforce governor limits and build secure applications
- You do peer reviews and help enforcing Salesforce best practices
- You have experience with any version controlling tool e.g. Gits
- You have experience integrating systems via API’s (SOAP and REST)
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.