Why This Job Exists
The cornerstone of precision aerial delivery is the ability to navigate an autonomous vehicle
from air to ground. We are looking for a candidate to join our software team and accelerate
development of our autonomous vehicle software.
As part of a small hardware and software team you will be responsible for the design and
implementation of autonomous navigation and behavior of our cutting edge precision delivery
vehicles. You will interface with software engineers and hardware engineers to implement
control and navigation algorithms, state prediction, sensor fusion and other robotics software
challenges. Your contributions will play a key role in commercializing advanced aerial delivery
technologies. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment while
contributing technical expertise, demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and
attention to detail.
What We Are Doing
At DASH we are building the future of aviation enabled logistics where one-day deliveries
anywhere in the world are just as possible, convenient, and cost effective as mailing a package
down the street. We accomplish this feat by commercializing aerial delivery technologies.
Simply put we build the system that allows any airplane, helicopter or drone to safely,
effectively, and legally land cargo into an area smaller than a helipad. To achieve this goal we
are advancing the state of the art in precision aerial guidance while tackling unique engineering
and aviation challenges. Founded in 2017 we have put our systems to the test delivering
thousands of pounds of supplies for hurricane relief. We land the package not the plane.
- 3+ years of experience working on robotics or high reliability systems.
- Proficient with C++ and Python in Embedded or Linux based development environments.
- Proven understanding of data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and code optimization
- Experience in one or more of the following: motion planning, perception, localization, mapping, controls, and related system performance metrics.
- Understanding of concurrent programming and memory management in bare-metal, RTOS, or Linux-based environments.
- Understanding of robotics algorithms and real-time systems.
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices.
- Develop advanced localization, guidance, navigation, and control behaviors for autonomous precision aerial delivery systems.
- Source, qualify, select, and validate a variety of perception sensors
- Work closely with the Hardware and Test teams to ensure a smooth integration of validated systems.
- Work closely with your team and the entire organization in a fast-paced, highly-communicative, iterative development process.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Ownership and autonomy to tackle complex and groundbreaking new concepts in aerospace design
- Chance to participate in aviation operations, flight training and aircraft ride-alongs in Southern California!
- Conveniently located at private hangar next door to Space X & Tesla at Hawthorne Airport
- Full Benefits, dental, vision and PTO (For a full benefit offering, please visit our Built In LA Profile)
- Stock option grants
- Full time position
Read Full Job Description