RFIC Design Engineer at INNOPHASE
INNOPHASE is a rapidly growing ultralow-power wireless semiconductor startup with headquarters located in San Diego, CA. We are developing complete wireless solutions with significantly differentiated power dissipation/performance tradeoffs. Our innovative technology also dramatically improves wireless product flexibility and ease-of-use for product developers. We are looking for driven candidates to join our fast-paced and motivated team.
RFIC Design Engineer: The Design Engineer position has perhaps the more comprehensive breath of involvement in the company. RFIC design can cover many areas. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone that enjoys driving the critical path and making a significant impact in launching products into the market and winning!
- Product Design: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package/PCB Analysis and associated
design documentation Design Verification: Detailed performance and functional measurements and debug
- Product Characterization: Work with Characterization and Test Engineers to define, conduct and analyze data from product
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions.
- Product Support: Work with Applications, Product, Test and Manufacturing Engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvements, etc.
- BSEE minimum, MSEE or PhD desired
- Ideal candidate experience 3-5 years
- Strong fundamentals in analog and RF IC design, especially with modern CMOS technology
- Good understanding of CMOS device operation and construction
- Familiarity with RF, analog, digital and PLL integrated circuits.
- Expertise in DCOs/VCOs, ring oscillators, ADPLLs, charge pumps, PFDs, fractional/integer, etc.
- Good understanding and experience with IC layout and verification
- Analytical and disciplined problem solver
- Occasional travel to customer sites and other InnoPhase design centers (US/International)
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product needs on time
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Hands on experience making analog, digital and RF measurements using typical laboratory instruments and techniques
- Experience in using various development tools (Cadence, ADS, EMX, MS Office, etc.)
- Understanding of WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE and other communications systems and how they influence RFIC implementations
- Experience with using scripting for automation of data analysis, lab automation or simulation control.
- Ability to design, layout and debug board level fixturing and application solutions