At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
The Resident Engineer (newly branded Extended Expertise) is an integral part of our mission within our Professional Services team. As an Extended Expertise Engineer, you will work on-site with our customer(s) supporting our mission to help them quickly and completely adopt our Security Operating Platform, leaving them more secure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and you will develop and maintain expert level skill sets on our products and solutions deployed within the customer's environment.
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you don’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
- Assist customers with their Incident Response efforts leveraging XSOAR (formerly Demisto) for Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)
- Learn & understand the customer’s business requirements and the threat landscape that is most applicable to their industry’s vertical sector
- Lead XSOAR technical implementation/operations in a customer environment
- Interact with Security and IT technologies relating to customer environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
- Ability to create documentation for XSOAR playbooks
- Ability to refine and translate complex requirements and execute best practice solutions
- Ability to lead a team
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business relating to XSOAR
- Experience as a Professional Services Engineer, Consultant, or IT/operations Engineering
- Programming experience in a higher-level language such as NodeJS, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON, and/or Python
- Good understanding & expertise of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, Github, etc)
- Understanding of API based security and compliance standards and Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex multivariate problems and find a systematic approach to gain a quick resolution, often under duress
- Mature and effective time-management skills
- Experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud installation, configuration and administration of security features and services including identity and access management, service-related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related standard methodologies
- Proficiency with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Working experience with customers, consulting, team lead, configuring and fixing network infrastructure security products
- Deep understanding of exploits, malware, ransomware, and etc. along with their creation and activation
- Travel up to 10% within the designated region, country, and/or theater, International travel also required on ad-hoc basis (in a post-COVID-19 environment)
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $114,200/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.