Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- You’ll take the adventure of a lifetime. Rivian is pushing the boundaries of what can be done in a vehicle; you’ll help us do that.
- You’ll work with a team of top-notch engineers and scientists to build in-vehicle tools tracking vehicle performance and reliability metrics.
- You’ll create a framework for monitoring and assessing vehicle health that has never been done.
- Develop Reliability Diagnostics architecture strategy and roadmap for future programs
- Develop sensor technology roadmap to support Reliability Diagnostics growth strategy
- Research and evaluate new technologies in the vehicle health space
- Develop end-to-end architecture platform for Reliability Diagnostics on all Rivian vehicle programs
- Work with cross functional team members to create an industry-leading innovative vehicle health platform
- Create the foundation for a data driven, edge-based fault detection platform that will run on all Rivian vehicles
- Passion for building an amazing product
- Interest in working on a unique team with diverse technical backgrounds to create a ground-breaking vehicle application
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 5-8 years experience in automotive industry
- Excellent understanding of vehicle system architecture, communication protocols, and sensor systems.
- Software development experience. Able to read/debug code, familiar with Git, Jira, and software development lifecycle.
- Excellent understanding of the trade-offs required to properly evaluate different design options.
- Strong ability to work and communicate with many different teams of stakeholders
- Ability to own all project needs and thrive in a close-knit cross-functional environment.
- Experience with mechanical and/or audio systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts to cross-functional teammates
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.