Release Train Engineer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
At FIS' Retail Digital Payments team, we move money and work on the industry leading technology that specializes in the money movement. We are laser sharp customer focused with a mindset to build the best services and experiences in financial services. We believe in team empowerment and self-driven team members. Our culture is centered around inclusion and collaboration, and our team is made up of a diverse group of individuals from across the globe
What you will be doing
Serve as the Development Scrum team facilitator. Leverages Agile principles to ensure adherence to the theory, practices, and rules of Scrum.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools, such as the Program Kanban and other information radiators
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process that drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning events
- Facilitate the PI planning event
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist in tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Facilitate periodic synchronization events, including the ART sync
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering
- Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the practices associated with DevOps and Release on Demand in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle
- Work with the Agile Program Management Office (APMO) on program execution and operational excellence
- Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure adherence to Guardrails
- Facilitate System Demos
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops and assess the agility level of the ART and help them improve
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
- Promotes self-organizing, cross-functional techniques in the production of high-value products.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience in agile principles.
- Proven experience working as an RTE or Scrum Master
- Certifications such as SAFe RTE, Certified Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Master
- Knowledge of Agile development principles
- Strong mediation and negotiation skills
- Skill in organization, communications, problem-solving and people skills
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Working in the financial industry.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.