Position: Release Engineer - ZWS
Location: San Jose, CA, USA + Surrounding Areas
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers an entire gateway security stack-as-a-service and has positioned us as a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for 10 consecutive years. We are shaping the emerging SASE category and are well-positioned to dominate the massively growing cloud security market.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make-it-happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people with an unwavering desire to be their absolute best.
The ZWS team within Zscaler is looking for a release engineer who is sharp, creative, and hardworking with an unwavering desire to be the best to work on managing and improving continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
As a ZWS Release Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to manage and improve continuous integration/continuous deployment automation around native client releases on Linux and Windows and SaaS releases on AWS. As a DevOps team we follow infrastructure-as-code, build-system-as-code, test driven development approaches. This is a software development position with coding in python, groovy, and shell scripting. We seek to automate manual processes, driving them from data vs by manual intervention.
- Manage, optimize, refactor, improve continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines for shipped and SaaS software products.
- Create/update Terraform modules, plans.
- Create/update Ansible playbooks.
- Debug/improve gradle and or make driven build processes.
- Extend Jenkins shared library (CPS Groovy and Jenkins pipeline code).
- Extend the python library for release and deployment automation.
- Link APIs for repository managers, build systems, source control together to support CI/CD.
- Design, improve, and create tools to help team members do their work more effectively.
- Participate in requirements, design and development reviews.
- Analyze data and work with the team to determine needs and design solutions.
- Write documentation of processes and tools for internal users.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5+ year hands-on release management, linux administration, QA automation, devops, or software development experience.
- Experience working with groovy, python, and shell scripting.
- Experience writing and developing: Jenkins (pipeline jobs), terraform modules, ansible playbooks and roles, gradle builds and/or plugins.
- Solid experience with git.
- Experience designing and or implementing CI/CD build/release pipelines.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with creating tools to aid in software development or automated testing.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience with Unix / Linux package management technologies and toolchains, such as RPM and DEB.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting build automation.
- Experience with SLES, AIX, Solaris a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.