The RP Quality Assurance is responsible for completing 3D printed production assets.
The work includes cleaning, sanding, prepping and touch up of assets with an eye for detail, consistency and functionality for use in puppets, sets and replacement animations.
- Organize all 3D printed parts as they come off the 3D printer and prepare them for photographing.
- Use a variety of equipment, tools, and manual techniques to clean, sand, adhere magnets and paint 3D printed parts.
- Communicate with artists in the RP, Puppets, Art, Rigging, and VFX departments to coordinate the delivery of stage-ready 3D-printed parts.
- Perform high detail quality control of finished assets.
- Keep both written notes and computer records of all assets.
- Utilize hand tools/equipment and automated machinery to apply various forms of paints, primer and adhesives to assets.
- Work cooperatively with RP Department employees to meet production demands and changes in priorities.
- Assist with organization and fabrication tasks in the RP Fabrication Shop and the RP Face Library, as directed by the Quality Assurance Crew Leader and RP Production Manager.
- 0 - 2 years of work experience, prior Stop Motion animation, production or miniature fabrication experience a plus.
- Experience with database software (i.e. Shotgun, Excel, or similar) to track inventory and process.
- Knowledge of Mac operating system.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and effectively partner with others across the organization.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Basic model making and painting skills, preferred.
Physical Demands and Work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate specialized equipment for cleaning and preparing 3D printed parts; perform substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate. In certain assignments, an employee may occasionally work near moving equipment and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, airborne fumes and loud, prolonged noise (hearing protection required when using power tools).
$14.00/hr set rate, non-negotiable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.