Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Sealed only makes money if our customers save energy, and you will make sure that they do! As the Quality Assurance Manager, it is your job to ensure the QA team provides accurate analysis of each residential blueprint and energy savings data. In addition, you will audit the product quality of our Installs to ensure our contractor partners meet the required scope at the highest quality level.
You will support and oversee the team that facilitates quality assurance throughout the Service Journey. Your team will manage everything from the day Sealed customers sign their agreement, to the day their project is Installed, ensuring we have all completed required documentation. As a Quality Assurance Manager, you ensure our final products exceed standards and customer expectations.
In this cross-functional position, you’ll collaborate closely with leaders in Sales, Contractor Management, and Finance to reduce process friction, and improve the accuracy and quality of our project scoping and installations.
Your work will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Manage QA analysts that review project documentation and photos to ensure compliance with Sealed standards.
- Hold the team accountable to all QA protocols and processes, ensuring a seamless and defect free Service Journey.
- Meet SLA obligations and KPI targets for pre and post install QA timelines.
- Provide cross functional feedback to Sealed Solution Engineers, Account Managers and Contractor Partners where projects do not meet Sealed standards.
- Improve quality assurance processes to reduce manual inputs and potential for data input error.
- Periodic audits of our quality assurance process to maintain data integrity, inclusive of residential photo submittals, document reviews and team compliance accuracy.
- Accountable for Energy modeling consistency of projects.
- Process improvements to more efficiently and effectively review customer projects and agreements.
What does success look like?
- Timely enrollment of customers into our Sealed Billing cycle.
- Defect free documentation at the portfolio level for project funding.
- Sealed customers receive accurate agreements on time with no exception.
- Contractors receive accurate and timely feedback on project quality and photo quality.
- Sealed projects save more energy than expected because the installation quality is best in class.
- 2 to 5 years of experience, including 2+ years of managing a growing QA Team
- Self-starter with an ownership mentality for energy savings analysis.
- Building science education or background is preferred.
- Excellent technical background in weatherization and HVAC
- Building science education (can diagnose quality of work via pictures)
- Moderate to high excel competency
- Experience with a modern CRM such as Salesforce
- Strong attention to detail.
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefit