Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn't work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions - to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we've embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes - large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We're building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
About the Team
Quality Assurance measures performance in CS to drive exceptional seller experiences and protect Square. Our global team provides advocate performance feedback and business insights to the CS teams across internal and partner locations. We measure adherence to policy, effectiveness of training and provide feedback about processes to stakeholders to enable decision making.
As a QA Lead, you will oversee a team of dedicated QA professionals. You must be a skilled communicator, able to manage the team of Specialists to performance targets but also serve and mentor and coach. You will examine QA workflows critically, and make adjustments as needed to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. You will support Customer Success with project management and delivering key objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Manage team and individual Specialist performance against established KPIs including productivity, accuracy, efficiency and attendance.
- Coach and develop QA Specialists through performance management, skill building, and goal setting
- Create and maintain strong relationships with CS Direct Leads and Group Leaders to encourage open communication and instill confidence in QA data. Manage programs that create alignment on Seller Experience expectations.
- Execute on the vision & mission of the CSQA team of providing valuable insights into the experience Customer Success delivers to Square sellers and driving exceptional results.
- Calibrate and collaborate with Partner QA Leaders to maintain consistency in QA program worldwide
- Maintain SME level knowledge of Square products, policies and procedures. Stay informed on product launches, governance and Delta that impact CS.
- Work with the Head of QA to forecast and scale the Specialist team to complete the work required of the team.
- Work closely with QA Strategist and QA Program Manager to assign, track and deliver upon projects funneled from the Talent Enablement Intake process
- 2+ years of experience in customer support environment. Customer service center/call center preferred.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of QA representatives, specialists, and/or strategists.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Nice to Have:
- 2+ years of experience in Finance or related field
- Experience with QA monitoring tools (Verint, InContact, NICE, Call Miner, MaestroQA) and methodologies
- Experience with remote management
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.