Quality Assurance Engineer (Data Quality) - Remote at SemanticBits
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:40 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services for the federal government. The work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created, which is built around some of the most talented IT professionals in the country. We deliver our work using Agile methodologies to help the government solve their most technically challenging problems. The systems we develop are used to improve the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people and revolutionize the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale.
SemanticBits is a remote-first employer and has been named a Top Workplace in 2021. Our corporate culture is built upon our mission-driven work, to help the government improve healthcare for patients and reduce cost. We value bringing individuals that are experts in their disciplines, highly communicative, and self-motivated to own their work. Technology and domain experts work side-by-side in highly dynamic teams that have all the roles necessary to deliver high quality digital services. In addition, critical to our success is forming teams of highly diverse individuals passionate about making a difference. This diversity and inclusion permeates every level of SemanticBits.
As a government contractor, SemanticBits requires that candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain a religious or medical exemption.
SemanticBits is looking for an experienced QA engineer focused in data testing with at least 5+ years of experience testing data for web-based applications. This position will have a heavy focus on manual data validation testing. Ability to understand complex systems and data both from the user perspective and technology perspective and independently investigate problems.
The ideal candidate has solid experience with manual data quality testing on web-based applications. Some experience with converting, automating, and integrating automated data quality tests into CI/CD processes is preferred. This position is open to a mid-level to senior-level professional depending on data quality testing skills and experience.
- Define and maintain test plans and test specifications for unit, integration, functional, and regression testing
- Ensure the overall quality of all aspects complex software system, including data, APIs, and web applications/dashboards (QuickSight)
- Identify gaps in test approach, strategize on a plan to fill the gaps, and then execute that plan
- Create and execute manual test cases in TestRail
- Create and maintain automated tests where applicable
- Create and manage defects through the product life cycle
- Translate high-level business requirements into test scenarios
- Production deployment smoke-testing and support
- Work closely with engineering teams to discuss risk and risk mitigation
- Shaping the overall QA process through application of best practices and new approaches to testing workflow
- Create and execute SQL Queries to ensure data validation pipelines work as expected, ideally has experience with Data Build Tool (DBT)
- 5+ years of experience in a software testing role
- Hands-on experience with different types of testing (System, Regression, Smoke, Performance, Load, etc.)
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging web-based software including use of in-browser development tools
- Solid understanding of Software Configuration Management concepts and methodologies
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and strong SQL skills (Oracle/Postgres)
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries.
- Hands on experience with data mapping testing, data migration from a legacy system, and data validation testing.
- Experience working with DAGs (Airflow).
- Proficient in at least one source control tool (Git/CVS/SVN)
- Proficient in at least one issue tracking tool (JIRA/Confluence)
- Proficient in at least one test management tool (TestRail, Quality Center)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience leading QA for Dashboards in Quicksight or similar business intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) verifying layout, functionality of visuals, permissions, and overall match to acceptance criteria and general standards
- Strong critical thinking, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Ability to work well in an Agile team environment
- Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust security classification
- Candidates must reside in the United States for a minimum of 3 full years to qualify
- A Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experience in micro-service based architecture and messaging protocols preferred
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Stipend for work station set up
Four weeks of PTO
Eleven paid holidays
One floating holiday
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
Employer HSA contribution
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Three weeks parental leave
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 for assistance.
More Information on SemanticBits
SemanticBits operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Herndon, VA. SemanticBits was founded in 2005. It has 370 total employees. To see all jobs at SemanticBits, click here.
Read Full Job Description