Quality Assurance Analyst II at FIS (Richmond, VA)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and respectful in the workplace.
About the team:
This is a high-profile position with primary responsibility to apply and lead Quality Assurance Methodologies for delivering software solutions for the Global Financial Industry. You would be involved in taking the lead QA role for multiple clients, working with the production support team to triage and verify issue resolution as well as working with our offshore team on test plan automation with a look towards applying this for multiple clients and making it adaptable/re-usable for future clients as well. The Modern Banking Platform is FIS's newest core banking platform, it is cloud based with micro services and interfaces to nearly all of the FIS ancillary solutions for large financial institutions. FIS has signed significant clients to run this platform and the opportunities for growth over the coming years is exponential.
What you will be doing:
- Work on a team assisting in the development of automated test cases in the form of API, UI, and batch tests.
- Work on manual / automated testing according to project deliverables within Agile teams.
- Develop, maintain, and execute manual tests / automated test scripts. Maintain complete, detailed test results data.
- Open defect records for all defects resulting from testing, ensuring all high and urgent priority defects are resolved prior to new release implementation.
- Continually build knowledge and proficiency in testing methodologies.
- Work as a team member of Production Support teams
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in an IT-related discipline or the equivalent of education and experience.
- Experience in the use of automated testing tools.
- API Automation Testing
- Very good understanding about requirements specifications and business logic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly proactive with strong desire to learn and critical thinking
- Proficient in the use of Jira and SCRUM methodologies
Added bonus if you have:
What we offer you:
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.