BioShock, Borderlands, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision and management of allocated SQA projects for mobile platforms.
- Drive continuous process improvement to reduce test cycle times and escaped defects to the field.
- Management of Lead, Associate Lead, senior and QA Testers.
- Feedback & liaison with Functional & Compliance QA, Producers, Developers, & other External Departments.
- Liaison with Platform Holders to ensure guidelines & standards compliance.
- Joint sign-off of development milestones & managing the submission process.
- Supervise and complete the submission and release processes of mobile games, client updates and daily live ops items for any of our mobile titles.
- Run bug reports, bug database, & QA reports.
- Handle department through day-to-day business.
- Quarterly performance reviews of their employees.
- Raising disciplinary issues as appropriate.
- Build successful working relationships with Worldwide Development Studios Internal & External, QA Department locally & globally, Local Producers, Platform Holders, Producers, and Developers, and Third-Party Developers Internal & External.
- Actively participate in recruiting and interview process. Willing to embrace a broad overview of the department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, internally & externally.
- Leadership skills to include successfully handling ambiguity, flexibility & understanding of the development process, and maintain good relations with producers & developers.
- Knowledge of bug database systems, QA process, test plan creation, and bug writing process.
- Proven experience as a Lead QA Tester or equivalent in Mobile QA.
- Experience submitting code to Apple, Google and/or Amazon portals is desired.
- Knowledge of format holder standards (Apple and Android primarily).
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, Source Control and Visual Studio.
- Technically proficient with PCs, gaming consoles, and related hardware.
- Ability to network and develop positive relationships with other departments.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience)
- Capable to communicate optimally & successfully in English and Spanish, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- PC and Mobile hardware literate. Mastering knowledge for mobile would be considered a plus.
- Passion for the video games industry.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, presentation, and leadership skills. Ability to provide clear direction and leadership to their employees as well as other groups.
- Proficient at leading, mentoring and training a team on test methods and new technologies and reliably work in a team environment.
- Have led multiple, simultaneous mobile game projects.
- Attention to detail and positive personality to foster excellent working relationships.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.