QA Live Lead - Sports at 2K (Las Vegas, NV)
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!Overview:
BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
In this role you will be supporting sports titles such as but not limited to NBA2K, PGA2K, WWE2K!
As one of the most recognized and versatile technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
As our Quality Assurance and Customer Service teams continue to grow, we are looking for self-motivated, passionate QA Live Sports Leads to supervise and support their team during the pre-launch and post-production stages of development. You will work closely with our QA and Customer Service Leads to identify, report and track defects and feedback from our customers as well as champion the quality of our games and services. The QA Live Lead supervises and assists in the development of QA/CX staff. Reports to a QA Director, Manager, or Senior QA Lead.Responsibilities:
- Supervise a QA/CS team: interview, train, evaluate performance and support progressive discipline, while encouraging staff to achieve high levels of productivity and service
- Manage project progress: assess employees’ skill sets, amount and type of work to be completed, and timetables to provide frequent reports and documentation to Management, Producers and Developers
- Develop test plans, create documentation, gather and assess results for public and private betas as well as post-launch activities
- Be an escalation point for all customer service issues raised from all support staff
- Handle ticket volume while ensuring team members provide accurate and respectful follow up to user questions and issues
- Facilitate and drive communication between Customer Service and QA team members on key issues
- Develop deep technical knowledge of the assigned products and services
- Ensure all reported issues are entered and tracked in a database and all incidents are documented in Zendesk
- Verify fixes on issues reported through the live pipeline
- Manage production of reporting and metrics documentation, including daily reports, weekly status reports, test plans, incident tracking reports, RTM checklists, and post-mortem reports
- Support Producers and Developers by participating in and running bug triages (bug reviews) and provide all necessary documentation
- Lead discussions on the status of bugs and the game leading up to release, post release, and through the product’s live life cycle
- Collaborate on prioritization of issues to be addressed based on customer reports through tracking and reporting
- Foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximizing employee morale and productivity
- Technically proficient with PCs, game consoles and mobile devices
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Advanced MS Suite and Outlook skills
- Advanced database skills
- Extensive game knowledge with a desire to learn
- Has demonstrated understanding and live by the departments’ core values
- Consistently provides a positive role-model to associates, in terms of work performance, attitude, and attendance
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4+ Years of combined Customer Service, and QA or other relevant experience
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience
- Understanding of test cycles and processes
- Understanding and ability to implement effective customer service standards
- Reliable and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime, which can occur during the workweek, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally, sit for long periods and move between floors
- Passion for games and the gaming industry
- Experience with relevant tools such as Zendesk, Google Analytics, Confluence, Jira, TTP, and all gaming platforms
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and will perform other related duties, as may be required