QA Lead at Cosm (Salt Lake City, UT)
Cosm is a global technology company pioneering the future of immersive reality. We build end-to-end immersive experiences and develop technology that enables people to experience entertainment like never before. Cosm works across three primary markets—Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions—while pushing the boundaries of design, technology, and service. Our technology is used by the world’s biggest entertainment brands to create mind-blowing immersive experiences for millions of guests.
We have built a strong company culture based on mutual respect, accountability to each other, intense curiosity, and a bold shared vision. Our technology is used around the world and across many industries and markets to create mind-blowing immersive experiences for millions of guests and we democratize access to the most sought-after experiences on the planet.
Evans & Sutherland
Evans & Sutherland is the world's first computer graphics company and has developed advanced computer graphics technologies for more than five decades. Evans & Sutherland is a part of Cosm, a global technology company that enables people to experience entertainment in a new way across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions. We offer full-stack solutions to provide amazing experiences.
Our software engineering team develops technology to deliver best-in-class experiences in our digital and physical live streaming products.
We are looking for a QA lead who will primarily plan, implement, lead, and execute all aspects of Quality and Testing. The role requires hands-on QA expertise and the ability to take the initiative and develop and evolve our QA processes. The right candidate will be able to analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests, and the best way to test. This is a full-time position.
Reports To: Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Work closely with product and engineering to establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team uses industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance, including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to meet quality goals.
- Act as a key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members and manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented professional who is unafraid to get their hands dirty. They have QA experience across the software development lifecycle of an application. They are familiar with various technologies but know how to choose the best technology for the job.
NOTE: This position involves QA for a Microsoft Windows suite of applications and is not include QA for a web-based application.
- Knowledge relevant to Microsoft Windows-based platforms on a PC.
- 5+ years experience in the software quality field, including prior hands-on quality engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures to support various development methodologies.
- Understanding existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes.
- Detailed and practical written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, extremely responsive, and able to prioritize many tasks.
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with others.
- Able to explore, investigate, and prototype leading-edge concepts.
- Driven to automate your processes and document your work.
- Excellent communication skills required; presentation skills desired.
- Ability to thrive in an open, candid, and respectful work environment.
Cosm is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.