QA Engineer at Ruby Receptionists (San Antonio, TX)
As a QA Engineer you will be an integral team member on Ruby’s Engineering team, working directly with our Software and QA Engineers, Product Managers, and UX Designers. Embedded on a cross-functional Scrum team, you’ll be responsible for specifying and implementing the testing strategy for web, mobile, and API systems. The ideal candidate will play a key role in enhancing our ability to rapidly deliver high quality code to production while staying in close collaboration with our developers and QA team. In this role, you will maximize the ability to fully test our software before it is deployed, writing and executing both automated and manual tests.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Engineering and can be located from one of our offices in the Portland, OR or Kansas City, MO metro area, or fully remote (state-dependent).
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Understanding project documents and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining, and using test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigating problems referred to you by our support teams, developing tests, testing defects, and creating and managing defect reports.
- Writing / deploying test automation scripts and troubleshooting automation software.
- Working with deployments teams, resolving issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Perform both manual and automated testing in mobile, web, UX, and APIs.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and assisting in upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Collaborating with software engineers to solve application defects.
- Follows and advocates for quality-centered engineering best practices.
- Become an expert in how Ruby software systems work and are used.
Your Work DNA
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with various stakeholders.
- You have an ability to decompose complex systems and discover issues quickly.
- You are a self-starter, self-reliant, but know how to be a team player.
- You can be productive with multiple languages, frameworks and paradigms and have the willingness and capacity to learn new frameworks and languages quickly.
- 4+ years of experience as a QA Engineer using test automation including frameworks used for GUI and API testing (e.g., Appium, Selenium, TestNG, etc.).
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and concepts.
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Experience in API testing
- Experience in micro-service or service-oriented architectures.
- Understanding of virtualization and containers (Docker).
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services.
Work takes place in an open office setting. This position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time, using finger/hand dexterity to manipulate a keyboard/mouse. It requires the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with diverse audiences electronically, in writing, and in person.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all Rubys. As we plan to reopen our doors, we are implementing safety protocols to ensure that we are doing our part to keep those who work in our offices safe and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
We will be entering a phased reopening beginning in Spring and intend to require proof of vaccination for employees who work in an office site. For those that desire to work for Ruby but are not able to provide proof of vaccination, working remotely continues to be an option.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.