QA Engineer at Xplor (Remote)
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a QA Engineer in Auckland to help us build the first global platform integrating software, payments and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses thrive.Job Description
About the opportunity
You’ll join our Payments vertical and the team that develops a complete range of payments solutions including point-of-sale, ecommerce, mobile, in-app, recurring billing, e-invoicing, and auto-reconciliation.
Our cloud-based solutions allow for seamless, secure processing and help our customers increase revenue, so they become more profitable.
Reporting into the QA Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for conducting tests throughout all stages of software development to ensure quality standards, while leveraging test automation where possible.
Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create well-structured test plans and test design
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using tools
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Participate in documentation of team QA methodologies and technical findings for future reference
- Work with QA Team Lead in definition and implementation of new QA Tools
What would make me a good candidate?
- Experience in testing web applications, REST API’s (ideally using Postman) and writing automation scripts
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL and C# Programming language (but other languages work too)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Delivery (such as Team City, Octopus, Azure Devops)
- Experience with tools like JIRA and Confluence
- A background in payments domain is highly advantages
- Motivated by a fast-growing environment where you'll have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves and help each other
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Other leave like volunteer days and birthday off per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- 8 weeks each year to work from anywhere in the world
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to Mental Health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
More about us
We offer software solutions for businesses in fast-growing ‘everyday life’ industries: Childcare & Education, Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global, cloud-based payments processing platform.
With operations in North America, Australasia, Europe, and the UK, we serve over 75,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, in over 140 countries in 2020.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Eric Fallon - Talent Acquisition Consultant
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/nz/careers.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.