QA Engineer (Remote Optional) at Basis Technologies
| Chicago, IL
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:52 p.m. (CST) on Monday, October 18, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will be an integral part of a software development team building a SaaS platform for the ad-tech industry. On the Centro engineering team, software testers are involved in the full software development life-cycle (SDLC) from iteration planning to retrospectives. Other ways that you will contribute are by:
- Be a leading voice for quality in a highly collaborative cross-functional development team
- Responsible for the design and execution of manual testing strategy
- Responsible for collaborating closely with the product team to understand the product vision and user stories at a level where you can create testing scenarios
- Maintain quality of the platform in a fast-paced deployment and release environment
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years experience of web-app end-to-end manual testing
- Proven ability to work on enterprise software, ideally workflow application testing
- Experience working in an Agile, cross functional team environment
- Knowledge of SQL and HTTP/REST clients
- Experience setting up test environments and creating testing plans, including building and deployment
- Thorough understanding of development and testing life cycles (SDLC/STLC) practices and tools
- Excellent data verification skills
- Strong desire to learn about products
- Experience analyzing stories or requirements to create effective scenarios
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to multitask and collaborate well with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with scripting (Python, Bash)
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience working in Advertising or Adtech industry
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS environment
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.