Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 and 2022 lists!
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will write software to test product functionality and performance. Your work is a critical part of our continuous delivery pipeline. Do you love collaborating with product managers, engineers, and designers to ensure we build high-quality software? We'd love to hear from you.
Your principal responsibility will be building and maintaining automated tools and test infrastructure used for validating all aspects of the product operation. This includes: Browser-based UI tests using tools like Cypress/Selenium; Testing API endpoints in CI/CD pipeline; and performance testing using tools like Gatling/Locust.io or k6.io
Requirements and Test Planning
You will collaborate with engineers and product managers, participating in ongoing product specifications and defining user stories with acceptance criteria. You will bring clarity to expectations. You will prioritize our automation initiatives and partner with other engineers to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
Do you love measuring what you build? As a subject matter expert, you will define, measure, and communicate metrics that represent our product quality. These metrics help us show our stakeholders we're focusing on the right things and continually improving.
Using your knowledge of test methodologies you will coach engineers on ways they can ensure quality in their code. For instance, recommending improvements to unit tests during code review or suggesting performance increases for integration test suites.
- Preference towards testing frameworks such as pytest, mocha, or chai
- Hands-on experience with web browser automation tools like Cypress or Selenium
- Solid command of SAAS testing products like BrowserStack and SauceLabs
- Savviness with build systems such as BuildKite, Gitlab, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with GCP or other cloud hosting providers
- Ability to create a roadmap of test projects and lead them to completion
- Performance testing experience (gatling, locust.io, etc) is a plus
- Competitive salary, bonus & stock options
- Open PTO plan
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Generous equity grant based on level
- Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.