QA Automation Engineer at SpotOn (Detroit, MI)
QA Automation Engineer
SpotOn is a fast-growing payments, marketing and loyalty platform. We have built a suite of easy-to-use tools for businesses to help them increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews and data analytics. We are hiring talented Automation Engineers to join our rapidly growing team of professionals. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, SpotOn is a great place to grow your career.
As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining automated tests for a wide variety of products. You will collaborate closely with the Product and Development teams to create scenarios from user stories, and then implement them as code.
- Work with product and development to identify user stories that need to be automated
- Collaborate with the Test team to define best practice and process
- Create, Develop and maintain product-specific automation suites
- Peer review pull requests
- Build in testability to the applications you are automating
- Pair programming
- Assist in the mentoring of junior team members
- Integrating automation tests into the CI pipeline
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Plan, create, and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Collaborate with the Product and Development teams to ensure consistent project execution
- Must have a "willing to learn" attitude and be flexible to adapt in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks at a time with the ability to manage their own time and priorities effectively
What you will bring:
- 2+ years of experience as a Automation Engineer in Agile environment
- 2+ years of experience of automating mobile applications on both iOS & Android
- 2+ years of experience of writing Scenarios and bringing them to life with automation
- 2+ years of experience of using defect tracking tools, such as Jira
- 2+ years of experience of using databases SQL or MongoDB
- Proficient with Windows or MacOS
- Restaurant Experience is a big plus!
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience testing APIs (Postman) is a plus
- Experience with mobile payment technologies and related integration hardware
- Experience with automated testing tools, such as Selenium webdriver and Cucumber
- Experience in Banking/Financial, Retail or Restaurant domains is preferable
- 2+ years of experience testing hardware
Here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance vary from location
- Competitive salary
- Collaborative environment
- Fast-growing company with opportunities to advance
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.