QA Analyst **W2 POSITION W/ BENEFITS** [Remote] at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote United States only (TimeZone:.CST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $68/h
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - long-term, ongoing project
United States only
**THIS IS A W2 POSITION**
MUST HAVES - Experience working with one of the payment networks, knowledge of payment messaging, communication skills at all levels, and ability to translate technical documentation into a work product.
• Detailed knowledge of VIP ISO messaging (01xx, 02xx, 03xx, 04xx, 06xx etc.) preferred.
• 2 or more years of experience on transaction simulators.
• General knowledge of financial processing.
• Detail oriented and highly skilled at reviewing others work.
• Written skills to assist with developing the tool’s help text.
• Experience working with merchants, acquirers, financial institutions, processors, and fintechs.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and able to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools.
• Strong relationship, collaborative skills, and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and able to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Must be proficient with MS Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams.
We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market.
This is an opportunity to use your knowledge of ISO messaging to create testing scripts in a new client facing tool. The selected applicant will assist the team in translating technical specifications into message templates, scripts, and rules to power a new client facing tool. Once completed the applicant will assist clients in testing the numeric changes mandated by ISO in October 2022.
• Overall planning, tracking and oversight responsibility for creating message templates for the testing 8-digit BINs and other BAU testing scripts.
• Provide QA of others work
• Assist team lead with workload assignment.
• Assist team in identifying and drafting help text/documentation within the tool’s hover-over feature.
• Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation of the tools.
• Provide client training on how to self-test.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.