Protocol Engineer at SuperRare (Remote)
About SuperRare Labs:
SuperRare Labs (SRL) is a fast-moving startup on a mission to reinvent and define the art market for the digital age and to empower the artistic community. We are creators of the SuperRare Network; a diverse and creative ecosystem and a digital art / NFT marketplace for cutting edge digital / 3D / VR artists, creators, and art collectors. SuperRare Labs is building state of the art digital products on Ethereum and is backed by top-tiered investors (Series A in March 2021). We are growing our team and are looking for passionate and creative people to join us on our vision and journey!
Engineering at SuperRare Labs:
We are looking for an experienced Protocol Engineer who will work on building the next phase of SuperRare Lab’s platform. Our engineering team is composed of web, mobile, data, dev ops, and protocol groups. We strive to be more than the sum of our individual parts, and are driven by our core values: candor, autonomy, and communication. We are an all-remote company, but prefer that you have availability during US work hours EST to facilitate better collaboration with your core team. This role will report to the Director of Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Design, estimate, and implement Solidity smart contracts based on complex requirements and input from engineers, product managers, and our founders
- Participate in internal audits of contracts from other engineers
- Maintain high standards of code quality and test coverage
- Research new and experimental protocols and tooling
- Dream up features that couldn’t exist outside of the Ethereum blockchain and EVM
What you have:
- Excellent communication skills
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- A demonstrable understanding of the EVM and potential security vulnerabilities
- Understanding of deployment and migration best practices of smart contracts
- An ability to make concrete tasks from abstract ideas
- A powerful desire for autonomy, ownership, and accountability
SuperRare powers / bonus points if you can demonstrate:
- 1+ years of experience writing smart contracts or web3 applications
- Prior experience with our toolchain: Hardhat, Ethers, and Remix
- Previous work implementing Layer 2 solutions such as rollups and sidechains
SuperRare Labs exists at the bleeding edge of a vibrant digital economy seeking to empower creatives all over the world. We believe that digital art, media and crypto-networks represent the future of cultural expression. By providing the platform, tools & technology for artists to become truly independent and self-sovereign - we seek to free artistic expression & advance global culture in both the analog and crypto-native universes.
If working at the tip of a rapidly evolving industry focused on artistic expression and decentralized governance sounds exciting to you - join us as we discover the wild frontier!