Project Engineer at Nextiva (Remote)
At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
We're looking for a strong technician that has an excellent understanding of business networking, implementation of VoIP phone systems and able to train customers in a face to face setting. Field Operations is the team that handles on-site customer installation and training needs. These are typically appointments to deploy pre configured phone systems and train groups of customer employees on how to use their new phone system. Work may be required outside of a customer’s normal business hours.
- Provide advanced technical services on multiple large-scale complex projects or programs
- Offer advanced-level technical support with excellent customer service and over communicate with all stakeholders
- Responsible for all account technical needs from provisioning to ongoing support
- Implement Nextiva Quality of Service (QoS) and best practices to customer networks while on site
- Provision customer’s configuration, including complex call flows
- Implement Nextiva and 3rd party devices in relation to the customer’s phone system.
- Conduct user training on all Nextiva products being able to present this training one on one as well as to a larger group.
- Troubleshoot network device, Nextiva device and call flow related issues on the spot
- When not deployed on site, be Nextiva support for 3rd party technicians that have been sent out for network checks and device deployment as well as be an immediate technical resource as needed for remote escalations.
- 2+ years working as a technician/support agent with a Cisco/Broadsoft-based telecom provider
- Comfortable with SIP PBX configurations across varied manufacturers
- Experience with business class networking equipment
- Experience configuring firewalls
- QoS configuration experience
- Understanding of TCP/IP
- Understanding of troubleshooting and setting up VLAN’s
- Advanced networking experience (subnetting, supernetting, etc)
- Experience with call tracing software (Palladion, Wireshark, etc.)
- Advanced troubleshooting with VoIP
- Basic SBC knowledge
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve complex issues
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and explain them to others
- Ability to consistently meet and exceed key performance indicators
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A positive and flexible attitude for working in a fast-paced team across various functions
- Must have a commitment to supporting customers’ success with Nextiva’s services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Experience with CRM a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Obtain Specialist and XBert certification by Nextiva University within a predetermined time frame provided by the direct manager
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We’re outpacing our competitors, and it’s an exciting time to join our team. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We’re passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we’ve earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nextiva participates in the E-Verify Program where and as required by law. For additional information about E-Verify visit USCIS.