Project Engineer II - Mission Systems at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Project Engineer II – Mission Systems
Join the Mission Systems Engineer, Integration & Test (SEIT) team at Ball Aerospace – a diverse group of motivated problem solvers. We like to have fun and enjoy life - both at work, and in our free time. We're excited about the challenging projects we're involved in and have a strong commitment to the missions we enable. Offering growth opportunities at all levels of skill and experience, we're looking for leaders and innovators who can continue our strong reputation for creativity and technical excellence, while helping to define the future of Ball.
We're seeking an independent, action-oriented engineer to lead efforts for the entire program lifecycle, including concept, design, requirement development, implementation, and launch. This leadership position is for an experienced engineer or manager who can provide leadership to the Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) team by managing the cost, schedule, risk, and systems engineering for a Space-based System.
This is a challenging, fast-paced job which will be exciting and highly gratifying for the successful candidate.
Make a difference. Love what you do. Realize your full potential.
What You’ll Do:
- Systems Project Engineer role is approximately 70% management and 30% technical.
- Provide team leadership, communication, and coordination.
- Work with Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Team to identify and manage risks and opportunities.
- Provide coordination with partners and customers.
- Manage the Change Control Process.
- Lead the SEIT team in managing deliverable items to the customer.
- Lead the SEIT team in preparing for major program reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, PSR).
- Technical writing (proposal development, contractual elements).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in either payload systems, spacecraft systems, management or test is preferred.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Previous earned value management experience is required.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation.
- An understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, risk management, and team leadership.
- A good technical foundation for Space-based Missions – satellites and ground systems
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effective in small teamwork environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Experience establishing relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Superb presentation skills with experience presenting to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $145,500 - $183,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.