Project Engineer I at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Engineer I
Lead a multi-discipline team to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements for assigned projects. May lead teams in the design, development, and execution of innovative research projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop specifications, design and analysis documentation and presentation, cost, schedule, and resource planning.
- Generate time-phase/staffing estimates for area of responsibility.
- Track performance against cost and schedule as well as verifying the effort is meeting the technical specifications.
- Be able to provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members. When delegating, establish clear expectations by providing well-defined tasks with clear entrance/exit criteria, due dates, and associated budgets.
- Generate cost estimates.
- Identify, track, and address risks and opportunities.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Manage company-wide technical and programmatic priorities in relation to customer technical and programmatic priorities.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- May work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Provide timely feedback to team members about his/her performance. Seek opportunities to recognize outstanding performance via the Employee Recognition Process. Address poor performance appropriately.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $117,500 - $148,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.