Professional Services Engineer at GitLab
GitLab Professional Services enables customers and partners to realize the full value of GitLab solutions to increase operational efficiencies, deliver better products faster, and reduce security and compliance risks. Professional Services delivers services to improve operational efficiency, accelerate time to market and reduce risk through GitLab product adoption and provides consistency and quality through a repeatable methodology with increased focus on business value.Responsibilities
- Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around broader initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Install & configure GitLab solutions in customer environment as per Statement of Work (SOW)
- Provide technical training sessions remotely and/or on-site
- Develop and implement migration plan for customer VCS & data migration
- Assist GitLab customer support team to diagnose and troubleshoot support cases when necessary
- Develop & maintain custom scripts for integration or policy to align with custom requirements
- Create detailed documentation for implementation, guides and training.
- Support Sales on quoting PS and drafting SOW to respond PS requests
- Managing creation of new and maintaining of existing training content
- Experienced with and proven knowledge with major cloud technologies and public cloud providers
- Experience with multiple highly available architectures and concepts. Kubernetes operational and deployment experience.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for customer private/public cloud environments.
- Travel required
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, ChatOps, and cloud native
- Above average knowledge of Unix and Unix based Operating Systems
- Installation and operation of Linux operating systems and hardware investigation/manipulation commands
- BASH/Shell scripting including systems and init.d startup scripts
- Package management (RPM, etc. to add/remove/update packages)
- Understanding of system log files/logging infrastructure
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Programming/scripting experience & skill is required (Bash, Ruby, and Python)
- Project management experience & skills
- SCM admin and/or PS experience would be a plus
- Set up HA/DR, working with Containers and Schedulers (Kubernetes preferred) and also experience with AWS stack (EC2, ECS, RDS, ElastiCache)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications and Git
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will first be screened by a Recruiter
- Next, qualified candidates may be asked to interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, qualified candidates may be asked to interview with 2-4 Team members
- Finally, qualified candidates may be asked to interview with someone from the leadership team
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.