Devo Technology is the only cloud-native logging and security analytics platform that releases the full potential of your data to empower bold, confident action. With unrivaled scale to collect all of your data without compromise, speed to give you immediate access and answers, and clarity to focus on the signals that matter most, Devo Technology is your ally in protecting your organization today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo Technology is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, TCV, General Atlantic, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kibo Ventures and Eurazeo. Learn more at www.devo.com
Devo Technology is proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work®.
Federal Services - San Antonio, Texas – Remote
Active U.S. Security Clearance Required
This Professional Services Engineer position is responsible for developing parsers, dashboards, alerts and other content in the Devo platform based upon customer requirements. Although this position is mostly remote, candidates are required to be based in San Antonio, Texas. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen who currently resides in greater San Antonio metropolitan area, and who holds an active U.S. top secret security clearance.
- Proactively Maintain and Improve the availability and reliability of Devo Platform hosted within a Virtual Private Cloud (AWS, GCP, IBM, Azure) within a 24x7 environment
- Analyze recurring tasks to identify new opportunities for automation thereby reducing repetitive and manual tasks in order to focus on additional value producing activities
- Provide Level 2/3 support for complex production issues withing the system ensuring incidents are worked as per SLA and customer expectation are met
- Provide root cause analysis and develop knowledge base/’how to articles” for future use
- Acquire a deep knowledge of the complete Devo Platform architecture and become a reference for the organization.
- Act as an advocate for the customer in internal meetings
- Translate the client’s business requirements into a specific system integrated in our platform
- Operate Devo platform as an expert-level user
- Must be able to operate at the customer’s offices as needed
- The job may require travel between 5% and 15%
- Support system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, problem identification, and solution deployment
- Develops parsers, dashboards, alerts and other content in the Devo platform based upon customer requirements
- Operates as part of a project team consisting of other PS engineers and technical program managers to achieve and exceed customer goals and expectations
- Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex technology solutions and integrating architecture.
- Must have an active TS Clearance.
- Although this position is largely remote, applicants must live in San Antonio, TX and will be required to work at customer’s location, as needed which is approximately 15% of the time.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in this field.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks in a fast paced, changing environment to meet deadlines
- Must have team management experience
- Must have strong communication skills
- System/Network administration and troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience in Linux administration with in-depth troubleshooting skills
- Programming/scripting in one or more languages: Bash, Python
- Overall understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g., protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.)
- Willing to be on call 24x7
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices
- Must have experience working with customers to install and configure technology products is required.
- Experienced in development of regular expressions for extracting/parsing data
- Experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and adopting best practices in complex large scale distributed cloud application platform
- Working knowledge of Containerization (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with configuration automation using Ansible and passion for Infrastructure as code (Terraform/CDK/CloudFormation)
- Experience with cyber security or enterprise log management products
- You’ll join a Great Place to Work® certified company where we value our people and provide the tremendous opportunities that come with a hyper-growth organization.
- Be part of an international company with a strong team culture that celebrates success. Share our core values: Be bold - Be Inventive - Be humble - Be an ally.
- A flexible work environment that lets you work in the way that works best for you — in office, fully remote, or hybrid.
- Work in an environment that will challenge you and enable you to grow as a professional. Our professional development programs include:
- Company-paid job-related technical certifications, plus you can earn a bonus for achieving certain certifications.
- Personal development plans based on career paths and free access to an extensive variety of online learning courses.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Company-funded learning opportunities for professional development. (ex. conferences, classes, certifications)
- Full support for internal job movements as part of career development.
Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Flexible health benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 401(k) program with company match.
- Employee Stock Option plan.
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of new children.
- A monthly stipend to help set up your home office.
- Rewards & Recognition program.
- Employee referral program — get a bonus for helping friends get jobs at Devo!
- Office centrally located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, featuring a well-stocked kitchen with free coffee, cookies, and fruit every day, lunch on Wednesdays, and an in-office gym!
- Matching donations program — it is important to give back to our community. Devo matches employee donations to many charitable organizations that further our values and those of our employees .
- Gender and diversity initiatives to increase visibility, inclusion and belonging.