Product Test Engineer at INNOPHASE
INNOPHASE is a rapidly growing communications semiconductor startup with headquarters located in San Diego, CA. It is an exciting time to join Innophase and work with a brilliant team of engineers to design innovative wireless products and solutions for IoT and 5G. If you want to make a big impact with a small team and are looking to expand your skill set, this is the place.
In this job you will be a member of the Product Development and Test Engineering team and a key contributor to design and test of RF and analog circuits and systems from initial concept to volume production. The Product Test Engineer (PTE) must have strong technical skills and knowledge, work effectively with limited information, share technical expertise with others and be creative problem solvers and effective communicators.
- Create test plans for RF transceiver and analog ICs such as PLL/Serdes/ADC/DAC/LDO etc.
- Perform bench tests including IP3, NF, EVM, ACLR, S-parameter, VSWR, Spectral Emission, KVCO, INL, DNL, SNR etc.
- Work with bench test equipment such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, network analyzer etc.
- Trouble-shoot PCB and device issues collaborating with circuit designer and PCB designer
- Characterize device over process corners, temperatures and voltages, analyze data and generate compliance matrix
- Support ATE test engineering for bench-to-ATE correlation
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred with 0-3 years of experience
- Good understanding of RF transceiver key parameters such as GAIN, NF, P1dB, EVM, ACLR and PLL, LDO etc.
- Use Python, MATLAB or other programming language for instrument control and data processing
- Good engineering problem solving skills
- Be able to collaborate with multi-functional teams including IC design, test, PCB design, Firmware and Software teams.
- Able to independently create or modify bench automation test solution and drive test activities
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Good understanding of wireless communication theory and RF transceiver architecture
- Experience with PLL based Serdes (~Gbps data rate) tests such as BER, KVCO, jitter generation, jitter tolerance and jitter transfer
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and semiconductor product development
- Knowledge of transmission line theory, PCB design and good layout practice to achieve best signal integrity
- Able to work effectively with incomplete or changing requirements