Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
As the Engineering Manager of a Product Development team, you will manage 4-7 high-performing engineers and help them deliver solutions to fascinating and challenging problems, improve processes, and grow as engineers. Your team builds and supports features that educators rely on to improve student outcomes. You’ll work closely with Product, Design, and Client Success on creative ways to meet needs, make trade-offs, and delight users.
- Foster inclusion through equitable decision-making processes that leverage the experiences and backgrounds of all team members.
- Grow, onboard, and hire a diverse set of engineers.
- Partner with peers in engineering, product, design, and other functional teams.
- Support the team, for example; facilitate design sessions, organize the next sprint, or clarify the technical solutions to support the team.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 1+ year of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating a technical depth and breadth of design, implementation, and release of software systems.
- Experience coaching engineers in a range of performance needs.
- Experience supporting inclusive and effective teams.
- Experience leading collaborative decision-making.
About Engineering at Panorama:
The engineering team is involved in every step of the product cycle, working closely with Panorama’s other teams and our users to brainstorm and build solutions to education’s toughest problems. We have strong technical chops and constantly challenge ourselves. From guest talks, engineering blogs, book clubs, to hackathons, and open-source projects (both in-house and outside), we try to improve ourselves as we help schools around the world do the same.
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.