Role Description Responsibilities
As part of our Customer Experience (CX) organization, the CX Technology team is responsible for maximizing business results through the innovative use of technology. You will be responsible for translating our service strategy into effective capabilities for both our customers and our agents handling customer inquiries and then advancing the technical capabilities to support those needs.
As a CX Product Design Engineer, you’ll help apply methodologies that link people, process, and product interactions over time to create a holistic and exceptional product experience for customers. You will lead and facilitate product development of support to find opportunities for growth and find areas of improvement.
- Plan and lead product design activities to support strategic transformation initiatives as well as iterative improvements
- Leverage design thinking to understand customer needs and evolve the customer experience
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer experience using quantitative and qualitative insights
- Designs exceptional service moments that are built around data driven decision making
- Plan and lead co-creation workshops with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and design new service & product experiences
- Partner with cross-functional teams across Dropbox to conceptualize and implement compelling service experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and impactful
- Communicate vision and concepts clearly and persuasively across a wide audiences, including executive-level
- Connect and collaborate with the broader Dropbox Design community to make sure all experiences are aligning with the brand and design systems
- 5+ years in Product Design within design agency or an in-house Design or CX team
- Proven track record of building differentiation, loyalty, and long-term business value by meeting users' needs and exceeding their expectations
- Proficient at capturing interactions and surfacing experience opportunities using a user journey map
- Able to focus efforts by choosing the most impactful moments to design
- Able to plan projects at various scales, delivering exceptional design quality on-time
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of design practices across product, brand, and service
- Able to proactively bring together groups of individuals to solve a problem and enable others to understand and execute the resulting vision
- Able to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Able to manage stakeholders and set priorities
- Experience design, interaction design, or service design experience are a plus
At Dropbox, we strive to be a great place for all Dropboxers to grow and be recognized for that growth. This job posting reflects broad requirements, and represents two potential levels of role. Through our assessment process, we will identify your level that ties to compensation based on your experience and technical expertise along with the scope of the role.
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $93,700 - $109,000 - $125,400 if you are assessed at the IC2 level. If you are instead assessed at the IC3 level, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $108,700 - $127,900 - $147,100.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.