Product Design Mechanical Engineer (Internship) at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:21 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 24, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As a Product Design Mechanical Engineer Intern at Verkada, you’ll contribute to the design and development of new cameras, access control systems, sensors, and other enterprise IoT products. Verkada’s PD engineers own all aspects of the mechanical design from prototype through to mass production. You’ll make a big impact — your designs will be a part of future products that Verkada ships.
- Take real ownership of products from concept to mass production! Join a smaller team where you will have the opportunity to make design decisions and truly make an impact on our future products.
- Leverage your prototyping skills & analytical abilities to generate mechanical solutions for a wide variety of product requirements relevant to enterprise hardware (mounting, sealing, environmental resistance, thermals, tamper resistance, etc).
- Join design reviews & brainstorms with ME and manufacturing team members who will mentor you along the way.
- Collaborate with our Electrical Engineering team to integrate PCBAs, sensors, interconnects, and other electro-mechanical elements into your designs.
- Collaborate with our Industrial Design team to explore, prototype & test new product concepts. Collaborate with ID to finalize product form & CMF.
- Work with mechanical vendors to dial in DFM/DFA, then quote & kick-off parts at prototype and production quantities. Assist with tooling release, bring up and validation for a broad variety of parts & processes.
- Assist in the development & execution of mechanical reliability test plans and various DoEs. Assist with failure analysis and root cause analysis; troubleshoot, iterate, and validate quickly.
- Work closely with our JDM and CM partners to steer your product concepts through validation builds (EVT, DVT, PVT) & into mass production.
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field; nearing graduation (winter 2022 - spring 2023).
- Available for an extended term (6-8 months) starting in Spring/Summer of 2022.
- Experience with 3D CAD software.
- Experience getting hands-on with building & testing hardware.
- Strong understanding & intuition regarding strength of materials, thermodynamics, and manufacturing. We value both breadth and depth.
- Passion for designing aesthetically pleasing but easy to use hardware; always have an eye on how our customers will use our products.
- Startup Mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Perks & Benefits
- Housing stipend for duration of internship
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description