- Take real ownership of products from concept to mass production! Join a smaller team where you will have the opportunity to make design decisions and truly make an impact on our future products.
- Leverage your prototyping skills & analytical abilities to generate mechanical solutions for a wide variety of product requirements relevant to enterprise hardware (mounting, sealing, environmental resistance, thermals, tamper resistance, etc).
- Join design reviews & brainstorms with ME and manufacturing team members who will mentor you along the way.
- Collaborate with our Electrical Engineering team to integrate PCBAs, sensors, interconnects, and other electro-mechanical elements into your designs.
- Collaborate with our Industrial Design team to explore, prototype & test new product concepts. Collaborate with ID to finalize product form & CMF.
- Work with mechanical vendors to dial in DFM/DFA, then quote & kick-off parts at prototype and production quantities. Assist with tooling release, bring up and validation for a broad variety of parts & processes.
- Assist in the development & execution of mechanical reliability test plans and various DoEs. Assist with failure analysis and root cause analysis; troubleshoot, iterate, and validate quickly.
- Work closely with our JDM and CM partners to steer your product concepts through validation builds (EVT, DVT, PVT) & into mass production.
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field; nearing graduation (winter 2022 - spring 2023).
- Available for an extended term (6-8 months) starting in Spring/Summer of 2022.
- Experience with 3D CAD software.
- Experience getting hands-on with building & testing hardware.
- Strong understanding & intuition regarding strength of materials, thermodynamics, and manufacturing. We value both breadth and depth.
- Passion for designing aesthetically pleasing but easy to use hardware; always have an eye on how our customers will use our products.
- Startup Mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Perks & Benefits
- Housing stipend for duration of internship
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily